Anne here . . .
We had come across the concept of Kiwiana (iconic New Zealand items) before, but Chris and Belinda decided that we needed as many examples as possible to enhance our New Zealand experience. So they found or bought for us:
- Paua shells off the beach
- A model of a Pukeko bird for Paul
- A bookmark with feijoas and other fruit on for me
- L&P fizzy pop
- Round Jaffa sweets, orange coated balls with a chocolate filling
- Chocolate Pineapple chunks (also sweets)
- Hokey Pokey ice cream (vanilla with honeycomb bits).
We loved them all.